Fashion designers aren’t only creative when it comes to designing clothes. They are amazing when it comes to their home, too!
Huffington Post came up with 5 great ideas that you can steal to live like a fashion designer! Check them out below:
Idea #1: Mismatch Seating
Think beyond the style of a seating arrangement, as Mizrahi did in his living room, shown above. Even the fabric choices run the gamut. But complimentary colors, on the more neutral end of the spectrum, keep the room cohesive and practically timeless.
Idea #2: Think Beyond Paint
Paint is one of the easiest ways to change up the look of a room, but fabric-covered panels, as used by designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard to cover the walls in Hilfiger’s office, lend a far more dramatic effect.
Idea #3: Art Doesn’t Always Have To Be Hung
For starters, it’s less work for you; second, a row of framed prints sitting along a picture rail (or, better yet, the floor) give you the feeling that they were just acquired on a fabulous trip abroad (and will be hung once the jet lag subsides).
Idea #4: Don’t Be Afraid Of Oversized Pieces
…Especially if they’re as colorful and fabulous as this.
Idea #5: Utilize The Fifth Wall
The bold colors and pattern in Hilfiger’s living room feel like ample decoration, but the reflective ceiling tie the furniture’s chrome accents together in perfect harmony.
Did someone say BURRITOS?
There are so many different types of burritos. From steak to chicken to beef – hello! We don’t think we could never get sick of burritos. But you know what we could get sick of? A terribly made burrito.
No one wants to eat a burrito that is falling apart and poorly wrapped, right? We rounded up the best frickin’ burritos in Chicago because we care about how burritos are made!
Check out our exclusive video above and let us know if you have ever been to these restaurants. If you haven’t, go and get yourself an awesome burrito. Let us know what your favorite burrito hot spot is in Chicago. You better believe we’re going to try it out.
There’s nothing like waking up after a night of drinking to a spicy Bloody Mary and a couple mimosas, right?
Check out the perfect boozy brunch spot in your neighborhood below:
- Andersonville: Acre – $18 for all-you-can-drink mimosas, Sat-Sun 11am-3pm.
- Bucktown: Jane’s – $10 comes with bottomless Bloody Marys and mimosas and a $10 specialty burger menu, Fri 11am-3pm.
- Edgewater: Uncommon Ground – $6 Bloody Mary’s on Saturday. $5 mimosas on Sunday
- Gold Coast: 3rd Coast Cafe – $5 Bloody Marys after 11am on Sunday’s
- Lakeview: Fizz – $3 mimosas on Saturday. $4 all drafts. Brunch served 11am-3pm both days
- Lincoln Park: Bird’s Nest: $9.00 Bud & Bud Light Pitchers and 45 cent wings on Sunday’s
- River North: Rockit Bar & Grill – Brunch Served from 10:30am-4pm – $5 Bloody Marys, $15 Budweiser & Bud Light Buckets, $15 Absolut Vodka Lemonade Pitchers
- Roscoe Village: Four Moon Tavern – $1.50 Miller High Life Cans, $4 Mimosas
- South Loop: Weather Mark Tavern – $14 for no-limit mimosas with an entree purchase like build-your-own skillet, Sat-Sun 1030am-3pm.
- Wicker Park: Fat Pour – $3 Pabst Blue Ribbon Tallboys, $3 Mimosas, $5 Beermosas, $7 Bloody Marys on Saturday’s and Sunday’s
- Wrigleyville: Hutch – Brunch Served from 10am-3pm and $2.50 Mimosas on Saturday’s and Sunday’s
Weekends are so much more fun when you know where to go to cute that hangover. Good luck and happy boozy brunch!