Chicago is the place to be when you’re looking to drink. You are probably so used to going to the same places every weekend and want to try something new – something special.
The Windy City is always full of surprises. How could you get bored of this place? If you want an adventure, just walk down the street!
We have a list of secret Chicago bars that you should make your way to if you’re ever in the mood. Below are secret bars in River North you have never been to…and should visit!
1. The Library
This beautiful intimate space is hiding below Gilt Bar. It has a lot of books of the leather-bound, gold-lettered, antique variety. The perfect bar to feel like your back in college…except you’re actually drinking at the library which is way more fun.
This secret bar is located past the sandwich counter of David Burke’s Bacon Bar. The door is unmarked and guarded by a men dressed in tuxedos. The bar the is inspired by 1970’s cinema. This is one bar you will love being at.
3. The Drifter
The Drifter is located beneath the The Green Door Tavern and is all about the vintage vibe. Why? Because it’s an actual speakeasy from the Prohibition. This awesome bar offers burlesque shows and a great menu of cocktails.
The cocktail lounge is located below Pops for Champagne. The theme gives you a lovely 1986 Holiday Inn feel. Cocktail prices are only $10 and includes different concoctions with them on the side. Sounds amazing! It’s like you’re in a time machine when you visit Watershed.
5. Double A
This secret bar is located below Mercadito. What makes this bar special is the environment because you get to stand next to the bartender. See – you can easily make friends here in the open space.
If you have any free time and a few bucks to spare, hit up one of these speakeasy bars and have yourself some fun.
Looking for a new apartment in Chicago? Check out The Gallery on Wells, located at 637 N. Wells in the heart of River North. The apartment building is a 39 story tower with 442 rental apartments, including studios, convertibles, one, two and three-bedroom layouts. The Gallery on Wells also offers a 26,000 square foot outdoor deck with a pool, hot tub, fire pit, BBQ grills, and cabanas. Indoor amenities include a fitness center, sauna and game room. For more information and apartment availability, contact The Gallery on Wells.
Step inside The Gallery on Wells apartments…
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
And in Chicago, it’s all day every day.
Are you looking for the best happy hour spots and daily special deals on drinks/food? We’ve got you covered!
Chicago has tons of places that will fulfill your craving for saving money and having fun…regardless.
Check out the best Chicago happy hour specials in your neighborhood. Most of them are all day! Unless stated otherwise:
– River North
- Thursday: Gilt Bar – 230 West Kinzie St. – $4 table wine
- Saturdays and Sundays – Theory Chicago – 9 W. Hubbard St. – $5 mimosa and Bloody Mary bar and $5 fireball shots.
– The Loop
- Friday: Monks Pub – 205 W. Lake St. – $4 draft beers
- Saturday: Emerald Loop – 216 N. Wabash Ave.: $9.95 breakfast buffet (9am-1pm)
- Monday: 6 Degrees – 1935 N. Damen Ave: $4 Magic Hat #9 and $5 burgers
- Saturday: Jack and Gingers – 2048 W Armitage Ave: $1 mini burgers
– Gold Coast
- Tuesday: Bootleggers – 11 W. Division St.: $5 domestic beer pitchers
- Thursday: Bull & Bear – 431 N. Wells St. – $7 tall draft beer
– Roscoe Village
- Wednesday: Four Moon Tavern – 1847 W. Roscoe St.: $2.50 Hamm’s cans and Miller Light cans
- Saturday: Fizz Bar and Grill – 3220 North Lincoln Ave: 1/2 off pizza before 7pm
- Wednesday: Redmonds – 3358 N. Sheffield Ave.: $1 well drinks
- Saturday: Schubas Tavern – 3159 N. Southport Ave: $4 Screwdrivers
– Wicker Park
- Sunday: People – 1560 N. Milkwaukee Ave.: $5 Tapas at the bar and $3 Jameson shots
- Tuesday: Fatpour – 2005 W. Division St. – $2-$3 tacos
– Lincoln Park
- Thursday: Hidden Shamrock – 2723 N. Halsted St.: $1 domestic draft beer
- Friday: Kincades – 950 W. Armitage Ave.: $6 Red Bull drinks
– Old Town
- Sunday: Declans Irish Pub – 1240 N. Wells St. – $5 bloodies and Mimosas
- Monday: Old Towne Pizza Pub – 1339 N. Wells St.: $1 PBR
- Wednesday: Rockwood Place – 3466 N. Clark St. – $3 Bud Light and $5 tequila shots and margaritas
- Saturday: Yak-Zies – 3710 N. Clark St. – $4 bloodies
What are some of your favorite daily specials? There’s something to look forward to every day!