The 5 Most Up And Coming Neighborhoods In Chicago
When you think of Chicago neighborhoods what do you think of? River North, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Old Town. You know – the well known neighborhoods.
With Chicago having so much to offer, there are plenty more neighborhoods that are up and coming. These neighborhoods feature their own taste such as different bars, restaurants and diversity. Needless to say, it’s all beautiful.
With a lot of renovation happening in Chicago, can you guess which neighborhoods are up and coming? If you’re looking to rent, renting in neighborhoods such as these will give you a breath of fresh air.
Below are the 5 most up and coming neighborhoods in Chicago:
- Avondale: This precious neighborhood is just north of Logan Square. Avondale features some of the city’s most delicious restaurants such as Kuma’s Corner, Honey Butter Fried Chicken and more. Elston Street runs through Bucktown, Lincoln Park and River West. Apartments is Avondale are mostly low-rise, and multi-unit.
- Edgewater: This neighborhood is located near Andersonville, Ravenswood and Uptown. Edgewater is a diverse small town where you will find a lot of stores and little restaurants. Residents are in walking distance of authentic eatery’s and markets. Public transportation is always around. Apartments consist of low-rise, multi-unit buildings with a vintage look.
- Pilsen: Pilsen is only minutes away from downtown. This Chicago neighborhood is known for attracting artistic crowds. This is where street musicians and entertainers call home. Pilsen is known for its authentic Mexican-cuisine. Apartments consist of low-rise, multi-unit buildings.
- Humboldt Park: Near Bucktown, Logan Square and Wicker Park, Humboldt Park offers properties that are slightly lower in price. This neighborhood is known to be entertaining and lively. The restaurants are great and there are plenty of cocktail lounges. These apartments are also low-rise, multi-unit buildings.
- Woodlawn: Next to Hyde Park, but still affordable. One of the best bang-for-your-buck neighborhoods in the city of Chicago. Woodlawn features
Robust Coffee Lounge& Jamaican Jerk Spice Restaurant.Also, some of the best rehabbed homes for sale with super affordable prices are located in Woodlawn. Just ask Frank Montro of Frank Montro Homes & Keller Williams Preferred. Frank has 70 new projects in the works at all times and many are located in the heart of the Woodlawn Neighborhood. Ask Frank, “What’s coming on the market in the near future?” I am sure he has many that will be ready very soon.
- Hyde Park (Falls off of the Up and Coming List- Thanks You, Amber Zurcher via Linkedin): The home of President Obama! Who wouldn’t want to explore this Chicago neighborhood? The popularity of this neighborhood is growing fast and consists of young professionals. Hyde Park has a handful of live-music venues and upscale shops. The area appeals to the University of Chicago residents so you know this is where all the cool people live!
Don’t be scared to venture out of the typical Chicago city neighborhoods. You’ll find enjoyment in each and every nook.