There is nothing more American than a burger. There is also nothing more delicious than a juicy burger done right!
Have you always wondered where the best burgers live in Chicago? We’ve got a list for you below all thanks to the Chicago Tribune!
- Rogers Park’s BopNGrill: Try the Umami burger: This one-pounder, priced under $8, is simply one of the finest burger deals in town. You even get strips of bacon on your burger. Yum!
- Au Cheval: Get the Cheeseburger! It may sound basic but everyone always raves about the cheeseburger there. Plus, who could complain about cheese? Au Cheval eschews frills and gives us just meat, cheese, dijon mayonnaise, pickles on a toasted bun. The juiciness from the prime-grade beef all you need for your taste buds to go wild.
- Redhot Ranch and their Double cheeseburger is what’s for dinner! In the $5-and-less category, you won’t sample a finer cheeseburger in Chicago. It combines the best traits of In-N-Out (toasted pillow buns, crunchy lettuce, Thousand Island) plus Steak ‘N Shake (so caramelized are the griddle-smashed beef edges, it’s halfway to crunchy).
- Joe’s Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab: Try the Classic cheeseburger. You get bun, cheese, meat and no more. The loose grain burger is a half-pound patty of prime sirloin and chuck, an 80/20 lean-fat blend. Perfect for those looking for a lighter meal.
- Schoop’s Double bacon cheeseburger – It’s a Hungry Man version of Steak ‘n Shake, and as such they’ve taken one of my favorite chain burgers and made it even better. And once again, did someone say bacon? Count us in!
What isn’t there to love about a burger? If you’re not in to meat burgers, you can try vegan burgers, too!