Chicago has it all. From the food to the activities to the shopping. Wait, did someone say shopping?
With summer in full bloom, we’re all out and about. What better way to spend a warm day than shopping around the city? We’ve got a list of amazing Chicago independently owned boutiques you need to visit sometime you are in the mood to shop.
Check out the Top 10 Chicago boutiques you need to visit below:
- Local Goods Chicago: 5354 W. Devon Ave. Chicago, IL 60646
- This shop offers amazing locally made merchandise and items that advertise Chicago. You can find Abbey Brown Soaps, sweets from Cheshire Cat Confectionery, and crafts from Muggy Tuesday.
- Milk Handmade: 5137 N Clark St. Chicago, IL 60640
- This Andersonville shop specializes in handmade goods as well as homemade soaps.
- Alapash: 1944 W Montrose Ave. Chicago, IL 60613
- This Ravenswood boutique sells everything you need for your terrarium and even D.I.Y. kits!
- Transistor: 3819 N Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL 60613
- This gallery is stocked with goods from 80s artists. There is even a recording space and its own webcast!
- Belmont Army: 855 W Belmont Ave. Chicago, IL 60657
- This 1975 shop has skater gear, trendy fashion clothes and vintage boots! Perfect place to go to when you’re looking for a fun outfit.
- Heritage General Store: 2959 N Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL 60657
- A stunning bike store that features handcrafted bikes in Chicago. There is even a coffee shop and retail store.
- Virtu: 2035 North Damen Ave. Chicago, IL 60647
This cute gift shop offers stocks paper goods, jewelry, kitchen wares, and anything else that fits in a a little bag or box.
- SIlver Moon: 1721 W North Ave. Chicago, IL 60622
- This shop is owned by a former rock-star so you know it’s a place to be! Silver Moon features vintage bridal good and accessories from straw hats to cuff-links!
- Penelope’s: 1913 W Division St. Chicago, IL 60622
- This clothing shop has amazing clothing for both men and women. They even have store pugs! Puppies to play with!
- Open Books: 213 W Institute Pl. Chicago, IL 60610
- This nonprofit organization gets books through programs, book donations, and more. Who wouldn’t want to donate books and pick another book while they are at it?
Have you ever been to any of these local Chicago boutiques? What did you buy?