The Coolest Dive Bar In Your Chicago Neighborhood
Sometimes you just want to sit back and relax at a bar without dressing up, right?
You know – casual attire!
What’s there to do in Chicago when you feel like doing something low key? You hit up the coolest dive bar in your ‘hood!
With so many bars around Chicago, which bar do you choose?
Check out some of the best dive bars in different Chicago neighborhoods below:
- Albany Park: Grayland Pub – Cash only bar
- Andersonville: K’s Dugout – Free popcorn
- Avondale: Alice’s Lounge – Karaoke until 4am
- Belmont Cragin: New Polonia Club – $2 or less drink specials (yum)
- Bridgeport: Bernice’s Tavern – Beer from Lithuania
- Bucktown: Ed & Jean’s Tavern – Apple pie shots for dessert, anyone?
- Edgewater: Ollie’s – One of the most charming bars in the city
- Gold Coast: The Lodge – The perfect place to throw your peanut shells on the floor
- Humboldt Park: Archie’s – $5 Hamm’s and Jim Beam shots
- Hydge Park: Falcon Inn – The perfect place for your hot wing and pizza orders!
- Lakeview: Friar Tuck – Do you have dream of ripping shots off of the butt of an inflatable sheep? Now you know where to go!
- Lincoln Park: Rose’s Lounge – The owner lives right upstairs of this basement bar. Pretty neat, huh?
- Logan Square: Whirlaway Lounge – Strictly drinks. Don’t come hungry!
- Loop area: Sky Ride Tap – A menu filled with salami sandwiches and Polishes.
- Old Town: Old Town Ale House – The home of SNL alums
- River North: Rossi’s – You could score a free hot dog. Who wouldn’t want a free hot dog?
- Wicker Park: Zakopane – This dive in is named after a mountain in Southern Poland so you know this place has good character.
The best part of going to a dive bar? You save some extra bucks for food. The beer is cheap and the entertainment is still great! Perfect for a weekend activity.
Check out more neighborhood dive bars on Thrillist.
Tags : albany parkAndersonvilleavondalebelmont craginbridgeportChicago Luxury Real EstateedgewaterGold CoastlakeviewOld TownPreview ChicagoPreview Nationriver northTim Padavic