Memorial Day 2015 is a day we commemorate all of the men and women who have died in military service for the United States. With a long weekend ahead of us, there are plenty of things to do in Chicago.
During this weekend, many people have sports events and family gatherings. The kids are home from school and you have a day off of work. Either way, it’s a weekend where many of people come together.
Luckily, Chicago always knows how to throw events to satisfy everyone.
Are you stuck on what to do? Do you need a little push when it comes to planning a good weekend? Below are 8 things you need to do this Memorial Day weekend:
1. Navy Pier fireworks kicks off on Memorial Day weekend. There is a show every Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. and Saturday at 10:15 p.m. through Labor Day weekend.
2. On May 23rd and 24th, The Randolph Street Market is open for business again. It offers treasures, antiques and vintage clothing for purchase. Perfect for a day outdoors.
3. Chicago Memorial Day Parade is one of the largest in the nation! This 15th annual parade and ceremony starts at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 23rd at noon at State and Lake Street. Join 10,000 other Chicagoan’s during this beautiful event.
4. The Belmont-Sheffield Music Festival in on Saturday/Sunday, May 23-24th. This popular street party in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood will showcase the region’s favorite tribute bands.
5. Sunday starting at 5:30 a.m., you can enjoy Lake Shore Drive during Bike The Drive. No cars! It’s just you, your bike and a great view.
6. The beaches of Chicago officially open Memorial Day weekend! (Where’s the sun?)
7. Hit up the Chicago’s Farmers Market available throughout the city. You can’t miss the tents and fresh fruits and vegetables!
8. Gaelic Park’s Irish Festival is on May 22nd and May 25th. Enjoy the Irish life with food, drinks and entertainment.
So many fun things, so little time!