October 18-19, 2014
The Chicago Architecture Foundation’s
Open House Chicago is a free public festival that offers behind-the-scenes access to 150 buildings across Chicago.
Explore the hidden gems and architectural treasures of Chicago’s diverse neighborhoods—all for free.
150 cool places. 48 hours. Go. It’s free.
Have you ever walked by a building and thought,
I wish I could see what’s inside?
Now you can.
The Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) is proud to present Open House Chicago, a free, city-wide, behind-the-scenes look at many of the city’s great places and spaces.
150 buildings will be open on October 18-19, 2014 (typically from 9am-5pm, times for individual sites may vary). Explore repurposed mansions, hidden rooms, sacred spaces, private clubs, iconic theatres, offices, hotels and more—all for free.
CAF inspires people to discover why design matters. Open House Chicago (OHC) gives you access to buildings that tell the stories of Chicago communities and cultures. By venturing into diverse neighborhoods for self-guided exploration, OHC participants come together to discover community and place.
OHC is completely free-of-charge—no registration or tickets are needed. So gather your friends, plan your itinerary and mark your calendar for October 18-19, 2014!
Plan your Open House Chicago experience
- Browse all OHC sites on the site list.
- Pick up the OHC event guide in the Chicago Tribune.
- For additional details, read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- For live updates, follow CAF on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #OHC2014.
- Subscribe to OHC enews for the latest announcements and exclusive updates.
- Book a hotel for your stay in Chicago during OHC.
- Are you a high school student or teacher? Download this list of site highlights exclusively for you.
CAF members also receive priority access to OHC sites, so join today for an enhanced OHC experience and great year-round benefits.
Are you curious?
Open House Chicago: 150 cool places. 48 hours. Go.